• In Person Only. Decemberís meeting will be a help session. We will be addressing the genealogical needs of our members and guests, with some specific questions posed in advance, searches made, and ideas exchanged. We will discuss the techniques used to locate the data, what we found, what we didnít find, and get feedback from the group on suggestions of next steps to take. General questions can be asked at the meeting. For those without questions, we hope some of you will share your most recent or exciting findings and what techniques you used. . .Feel free to bring cookies/treats to share and your own drink to enjoy during this festive time of year. . .Linda Harris and Barb Winterfield will be doing the personalized genealogical searches for you. Between us, we have memberships to some genealogical and newspaper websites to which you may not have access (Ancestry.com, Heritage.com, Newspaper.com, NewspaperArchive.com). . .Please email or call me with your question/search prior to Wed, Dec 7th to give us time to perform a search. Please be specific with details you know: names, addresses, dates, then let us know what/who you are looking for. We will discuss our findings at the meeting. We will also have our computers with us at the meeting to take general questions. . .For those who cannot meet in-person, email or call with your question and we will respond sometime after the day of the meeting. . .Email address: BarbWinterfield@cox.net or call at 480-839-3977 (please leave a message if I donít answer) .at Fountain Hills Community Center
• John Putnam will speak on "The Salem Witchcraft Hysteria." This program chronicles the causes, events, and aftermath of the Salem Witch incident in which the speakerís ancestors played a part on both sides of the polarized villagers.
• No Information Available.
• There will be no meeting this month. Enjoy the holiday season.
Active FHSA Members Only
You are invited to investigate our Website, and join our membership, after which an informative and interesting FHSA Newsletter will be yours each month. Sharing your genealogy discoveries with your fellow FHSA members, and enjoying their camaraderie and expertise may all contribute to pleasurable genealogy experiences and research. Receiving a reduced rate to our annual Seminar and access to all of the Chapter meetings will be another reward for you. Come and join us!.
The Family History Society of Arizona has seven Chapters throughout Maricopa County. Each Chapter meets monthly, with guest speakers and varying genealogy topics each month. Our members research their ancestors from within the United States of America and from foreign countries. On this page you may explore the Next Chapter Meetings for topics and/or speakers you require for meeting your genealogical needs. We issue an open invitation to guests and members, to attend any Chapter meetings they choose.
- December 2022 Issue of Newsletter
- President's Message - November 2022
Browse this site to learn more about us and opportunities we offer researchers of all ability levels. Check back often for new information and programs.
- Double Butte Cemetery - This is one of the oldest cemeteries in the Phoenix area. It is located in Tempe, AZ. An entire burial list as well as burials listed by section are available here.
- Surname Index - Anyone can list their surnames who has an email address.
- Arizona Queries - Where to look for your AZ ancestors
- See the Chapters list for topics, times and locations. Members and visitors are welcome to attend one or all seven.
- To read more about the History of FHSA see About Us
- Site Index Find what you need quickly!